Business for Scotland, the pro-independence business network, is expanding our team to boost our new push to increase support for independence. We are looking to add a new member to our Glasgow city centre based team. The role will involve supplying policy research support to our
spokespeople, academic researchers, media team and the CEO / Head of Policy.
- Researching policy alternatives and examples
- Researching economic statistics, data and press coverage of business policy initiatives
- Attending events on occasion and producing reports
- Developing new campaign and educational materials
- Monitoring national and regional press for relevant information opinion and commentary opportunities
- Supporting wider campaigning activities such as organising social events
- Providing support to our media team in communicating our research
- The ideal candidate will have strong research and writing skills, experience of writing and research in the political / public affairs area and experience of writing short and concise blogs and articles
- Some experience of helping draft policy-related correspondence and contributing to research projects
- Some experience helping to draft briefings on policy issues
- Advanced written and communication skills
- Ability to work to a brief quickly and effectively and to listen to instructions
- Ability to analyse information from a variety of sources and identify the key themes and messages
- High level of confidence in dealing with facts and figures
- Ability to construct clear and concise arguments
- Working to tight deadlines
Full training will be offered, and some travel and evening working is required for events.
Upon completion of the graduate programme we expect this role to develop into a permanent position.
To apply, email your CV and a short cover note stating what attracts you to the role to [email protected]. Closing date for applications will be 30th July. Interviews will take place week commencing 1st August and employment will begin as soon as possible following acceptance of the position.